New Year’s celebrations are all about music, colors, lights, food, family and friends, and this is what we plan to offer you in Athens this year. We have put together an itinerary full of games, fun, and walking adventures, intertwined with the cozy ambiance of local homes, where, enveloped in the aromas of cinnamon, clove, and hot chocolate, you will spend a few evenings welcomed not as a guest but as a “family member” or an old friend. A series of lucky charms and gifts await you, to give an extra positive boost to the kick-off of the new year.
- Walk around the historical center of Athens and its oldest neighborhoods.
- Visit the Acropolis hill and the Acropolis Museum.
- Get a taste of the traditional Greek philoxenia by spending two evenings in local houses.
- Participate in the local, New Year customs.
- Taste traditional home-cooked food.
- Engage in a home-based cooking class, including the traditional Christmas and New Year’s sweets (melomakarona and kourabiedes) as well as the preparation of the New Year Eve’s dinner.
- Enjoy evening musical performances in some of the most interesting venues of Athens.
- Play themed games (relevant to the season) either around the city or in the comfort of a house.
- Exchange stories about the festive season and new beginnings.
- Cultural interactions
- Cultural sightseeing
- 5 nights in a 4-star hotel in Athens (double-occupancy).
- Meals as indicated B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner.
- Transportation from and to the airport (only on the scheduled arrival and departure days as per the itinerary).
- Transportation within the city as per the itinerary above.
- Entrance tickets wherever needed as per the itinerary above (note that, if, based on the time of the booking there are no more tickets at the performances indicated, we will try to replace with other performances or we may charge an extra (agreed) amount to buy more expensive seats than the ones budgeted).
- A home-cooked dinner at a local house.
- A home-based cooking class in preparation of the New Year Celebration.
- The presence of Konstantina Sakellariou: Rahhalah advisor for Europe and the Middle East.
- International flights.
- Visa fees.
- Travel Insurance.
- Single Supplement (subject to availability; note that this is high season).
- Personal gear.
- Meals not mentioned above.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses.
Check out Rahhalah Explorers on Facebook for a detailed trip itinerary.