The winter nights seem to be particularly long in Finland, but they are full of wonder and eerie ambience, often adorned by the dancing, Northern Lights. As you settle for a few days in Luosto – a small village in the north, amid a national park – you will have the opportunity to immerse into landscapes of otherworldly beauty and a life that feels as if taken out of a movie.
- Enjoy an exclusive husky safari and learn more about these fascinating creatures in the husky ranch.
- Hike on the Arctic Sky and Nature Trail, around Lake Ahvenlampi and an ancient pine forest.
- Learn the basics of cross-country skiing.
- Go on a snowmobile ride, surrounded by the winter Lappish countryside.
- Visit a reindeer farm and enjoy a short sleigh ride pulled by reindeer.
- Hunt after the Northern Lights on snowshoes or with a car.
- Stay for a few days in magnificent “arctic view” rooms, enjoying the Lappish landscape through the glass windows and ceiling.
- Visit the Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi.
- Cultural sightseeing
- Accommodation: 3 nights in a standard room with a fireplace and sauna, 2 nights in a glass igloo.
- Meals: 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (days 2, 3, 4 and 5), 5 dinners (days 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5).
- Local escort, English-speaking guide.
- Porterage at the hotel on days 1, 4 and 6.
- Activities as per the itinerary:
- Day 2: Reindeer herding and Northern Lights Hunting on Snowshoes.
- Day 3: Cross-country skiing and Arctic Sky & Nature Trail.
- Day 4: Snowmobiling and Northern Lights hunting by car.
- Day 5: Exclusive 10km Husky Safari.
- Day 6: Santa Claus Village on the way to the Airport.
- 2 group Transfers to/from Rovaniemi Airport, and all other transfers based on the described activities.
- International airfare.
- Airport taxes.
- Travel insurance.
- Visa fees.
- Single Supplement cost.
- Meals not mentioned above.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal expenses.
Check out Rahhalah on Facebook for a detailed trip itinerary.