The Sinai Trail began as a 220km route, involving three Bedouin tribes in 2015. Just three years later, it has grown to a 550km, on which the 8 tribes of South Sinai will work together. You'll walk the most beautiful deserts of the Middle East - crossing sweeping plains and climbing high summits - and you'll pass through a tapestry of tribal territories, walking with tribesmen of many tribe along the way. You'll travel the way the Bedouin have always travelled, walking with camels, sleeping under the stars. This trip will be unlike any other: whoever you are, it will CHANGE YOUR Life.
- Minibus from Cairo to Serabit El Khadem on Thursday 28th March, minibus from Serabit el Khadem to Cairo on Wednesday 10th April.
- The minibus will depart Cairo at 10am from Qasr al Baron on Thursday 28th March and it will depart from Serabit el Khadem on Wednesday 10th April in the morning after breakfast and will arrive at Qasr al Baron in the late afternoon.
- 12 days of hiking including guides, camels, permission fees
- 3 meals/ day, including breakfast, lunch and dinner and water
- Accommodation in twin rooms in Barakat Camp on Thursday 28th March and on Tuesday 9th of April plus an evening meal. Breakfast the following morning including tea.
- personal snacks
- Transport to Sinai from outside Cairo
- Hiking gear
- If you'd like to join, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, answering all the questions below:
2. Date of Birth
3. Nationality & place of residence,
4. Phone number
5. Facebook profile
6. Hiking experience. Please tell us a bit about your existing hiking experience - e.g. have you hiked in the Sinai before? If so, where? Have you ever done a multi-day trek, and how long did it last? How often do you hike and when was the last time you hiked? Have you hiked in any other parts of the world? Do you have any experience in any other outdoor activity, like scrambling, rock climbing, mountain biking etc?
7. Fitness. Please tell us a bit about your current lifestyle and level of fitness: how physically fit would you say you are on a scale of 1-5 (5 = the best, a total pro). How regularly do you exercise - if at all? - and what are your favourite activities for keeping fit e.g. walking, jogging, workouts?
8. Do you have any injuries or medical issues that you feel would be relevant over a 12-day hike in the wilderness, far from help?
9. Finally, we'd love to know a bit about you as individuals and why you'd like to hike the Sinai Trail! Do you have a special goal? What appeals most about it? Is it the challenge, solitude or adventure; the chance of meeting new people in a special place, or do you just want to see more of Egypt?
Check out Sinai Trail on Facebook for a detailed trip itinerary.