share this article

Visa Application Center Address:
Lebanon, Beirut ,Hamra , Clemancu Street, Gefinor Building, Block A , 01st Floor . 

Submission Timings: 09:00 to 15:00 (Monday-Friday) except on public holidays

Passport collection Timing: 15:00 to 16:00 (Monday- Friday) except on public holidays 

For information call: 00961- 1 743643 from 09:00 to 16:00 only during the month of Ramadan call center timing will be till 15:00 instead of 16:00
(Monday- Friday) except on public holidays





You are requested to hand in the following documents:

 You must submit a completed and signed visa application form (PDF, 252 KB)

 2 recent colored passport photographs (3.5 x 4.5 cm) in conformity with ICAO standards

 Original passport with a validity exceeding three months after your scheduled return + previous passports

 Photocopy of passport(s) and previous Schengen visas within the last 3 years

 Fees equivalent to 60 Euros in Lebanese Pounds

 Travel medical insurance covering the entire period of intended stay in Schengen countries, provided that the insurance company has an assistance office within Schengen, with a minimum coverage of € 30.000 for :

1 – Medical treatment
 2 – Emergency admission to hospital
3 - Repatriation

Personal evidence:

Extract of family register

 For non-Lebanese nationals: residence permit, return permit and work permit

For minors travelling without parents (or without parent who holds parental authority alone):

 Written consent of the parental authority or legal guardian, legalized signature, School registration certificate

Evidence of destination / host:

For business trips:

Official invitation/letter of guarantee from business partner (if applicable) according to national regulations (with legalization; electronic, etc.)

Conference registration

 For trade fair visitors: invitation letter with information about the booth and stand number of the inviting company

 Hotel reservation

 Flight reservation

For private visits:

 Official invitation/warranty/letter of guarantee according to national regulations (with legalization; electronic, etc.)

Travel itinerary for tourist trips

 Airline ticket only upon collection of the visa

 Hotel reservation

 Flight reservation

For transit visa:

 Photocopy of visa / residence permit of your final destination

 Hotel reservation

 Flight reservation

Evidence on professional background:

 For self-employed persons:

 Recent proof of registration of your company + commercial circular not older than 2 years

 Proof of commercial or business activities (shipping documents, local customs receipts etc.

 For members of independent professions : syndicate card and proof of current practice

 For employees:

  • Employment letter including date of employment, attestation of salary, duration of leave and employers guarantee of resuming functions after return to Lebanon
  • Commercial circular of person signing your job letter
  • Sponsoring statement of your employer for all expenses that may occur during your trip

 For students: school/ university registration certificate + university ID card for the current year

Evidence of financial means

 Bank account statement from the last 3 months or

 International credit cards and account statement or

 Savings book

 Proof of retirement benefits

 Deeds of real estate property in Lebanon / Europe

 For students: parental warranty including proof of professional background + financial means of the parents

 For non-working persons: respective proofs of the professional background of the person providing the costs of living

Consulates may in individual cases ask applicants to provide additional documents.

All requested evidence must be produced in original and photocopy with a translation into English, French or the language of the Member States at whose consulate you submit your application.

Please be advised that the possession of a valid Schengen visa does not grant an irrevocable right of entry to or temporary stay in the territory of the Schengen member states. You may as well be required to present certain evidence again at the control at the external borders.



Short stay Schengen visa, less than 90 days    60.00 EUR

Long stay visa, more than 90 days                     99.00 EUR

Children between the age of 6 and below 12 years old. 35.00 EUR




1- Do I need a bank statement for this visa?

2-Do I need a need a transit visa?
Airport transit visa – “A” Category is destined for the travellers that have to stop and wait for several hours for their next flight, in the international transit area of the designated airport. However, if planned to wait overnight, these travelers cannot accommodate in any place else except the transit area, therefore accommodation in the city is off the limits. Or you will have to apply for tourist visa category C

  • 3-What does the visa process look like for children?
    Each person travelling with you on your travel document must submit their own visa form. Forms for children under the age of 18 need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
  • If you are under 18 and are travelling without one or both of your parents or guardians, ask them to sign a consent form. Border guards may ask to see this form when you arrive in the Netherlands.

4-What happens if I break my visa?
First thing that you should know, is that an overstayed visa never goes unnoticed. The immigration authorities have registered in their databases every person that enters and leaves the Schengen, and every overstaying, even just for a day, is recorded.

Secondly, intentional or unintentional, no overstaying is left unpunished. It could be a fine, immediate deportation or even getting banned from entering the Schengen Zone for a specific amount of time.

5-Do I need certain vaccinations before going to Europe?

Travel to Europe is different from trips to places like Africa or South America. European countries are often more developed and have few infectious diseases. Most travelers will only need routine vaccinations, and these include:

But, some regions will require some extra preparation. The CDC and WHO recommend the following for specific nations:


  • Hepatitis A Vaccine– This common foodborne disease is a low risk in France, but the vaccine is recommended for adventurous eaters.
  • Hepatitis B Vaccine– Transmitted through sexual contact and contaminated needles, consider this vaccine based on your itinerary.
  • Rabies Vaccine– Rabies is present in France but mostly confined to the bat population. If you plan on being in an area where bats are present, you may consider this vaccine.


  • MMR Vaccine– Making sure you are up-to-date on this vaccine as it is very important for travel to Germany. The country has been a hotbed of measles activity over the last five years, meaning it could pose a threat to unvaccinated travelers.


6-How do I travel to Europe with a pet?
1. Pet Passport

The pet passport is issued by your veterinarian in your home country. The European Commission does not issue the pet passport. Pet passports are available for dogs, cats and ferrets. This document needs to accompany your pet wherever you go. Health checks, your pet’s vaccination and parasite treatment history are recorded here along with your pet’s microchip number. If your pet has an identifying tattoo, it also should be recorded here as well.

In non-EU countries where the Rabies status matches the neighboring EU member states, pet passports are accepted for travel. These countries include: Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican City State.

If you are travelling to the European Union from a third country, such as the United States, an EU entry health certificate and USDA health certificate must be issued and signed by proper authorities before entrance into the EU. 

2. Rabies vaccination

For movement between EU member states and many third countries, your pet must be current on their Rabies vaccination. While most EU countries require yearly Rabies vaccination by law, 3-year vaccines may be acceptable.

3. Special Requirements

Each country can set separate requirements for entry. For example, Finland, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Malta require treatment for the parasite Echinococcus before entry. One must note that this treatment must be done within a specific time frame before entry. 

Since January 2012, the European Commission reports: “the treatment shall be administered by a veterinarian within a period of not more than 120 hours and not less than 24 hours before the time of scheduled entry into Finland, Ireland, Malta or the United Kingdom; the treatment shall be certified by the administering veterinarian in the relevant section of the health certificate or the passport on re-entry.” 

Non-EU countries, such as Norway, also require treatment for Echinococcus before entry.