Few countries in the world are as diverse as India; you could spend a year there and you still wouldn’t get to see all the beauty the country has to offer, but you have to at least start. Issuing your tourist visa to India is as easy as filling out an online application, printing it out, signing it, and submitting at the nearest BLS center – a private firm that processes visa applications on behalf of the Indian Embassy in the UAE.
BLS CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
The BLS center has many branches across the UAE, but its headquarters is in Dubai.
507, Habib Bank AG Zurich Al Jawarah Building, Bank Street, Bur Dubai, Next to ADCB Bank
Saturday to Thursday
8 AM – 12 PM | 1 PM – 6 PM
+(971) 4-3875777 | +(971) 4-2555530
TOURIST VISA CHECKLIST
- A completed online application form (filled out in English only).
- A passport valid for at least 6 months with 2 blank pages
- Two 51 mm X 51 mm photos with a white background (not more than 3 months old).
- Return/onward journey ticket.
- Copy of hotel booking confirmation.
- For minors under 18: 'No Objection Certificate' signed by both parents.
FEES AND DURATIONS
Tourist visa fees vary depending on not only the duration of your stay but also which emirate you’re applying from and how many times you plan on going to India on the same visa (the number of entries). Consult BLS’ fee calculator for the exact cost for each visa option.
If you’re an Emirati citizen applying from Dubai:
- 3-month single-entry tourist visa: 150 AED
- 6-month single-entry tourist visa: 370 AED
If you’re an Emirati citizen applying from Abu Dhabi:
- 3-6-month single-entry tourist visa: 370 AED
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I apply through BLS’ website?
BLS is an outsourcing service that handles visa and passport applications on behalf of the Indian Embassy in the UAE.
Does BLS charge me for this service?
Yes, the BLS center charges 37.5 AED for its visa issuance services.
How long does it normally take for this visa to be issued?
It takes 5 to 7 working days from the time you submit your application for your visa to be issued.
Can I travel with my family?
You can submit all of your family members' applications on their behalf so long as you can provide copies of their valid UAE IDs, along with their signatures.
If I have a visa from India, will it restrict me from entering any other countries?
No, a visa from India on your passport won't restrict your entry into any other countries.
If I’m issued a visa but can’t travel, will that affect my future visa applications?
No, you can apply again, but visa fees are non-refundable and the visa is non-transferrable and non-convertible.
Do I need certain vaccinations before going to India?
There are no mandatory vaccinations for India. However, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccinations as a precaution. Either way, it's best to follow general hygiene rules – washing your hands before you eat, eating fresh food, drinking bottled water, and so on.
How do I travel to India with a pet?
If you’ll be accompanied by a dog/cat on your Indian adventure, you’ll need to provide the following documents:
- Pet passport
- Import permit
- Vaccination documents (dogs must be vaccinated against Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Leptospirosis, and Parainfluenza, and cats will require FVRCP, including Feline Enteritis and Feline Pan Leukopenia).
- Blood titer test
- Veterinary Certificate for India filled out by your vet (there's a separate certificate for cats and certificate for dogs).
If you have any additional information on the visa process for India, let us know. We’re always updating our guides to make sure the information is as detailed and up-to-date as possible.
Already been to India? We’d love to share your story!