A quick natural getaway with a simple visa process for Egyptians? Yup, Thailand it is.
EMBASSY CONTACT INFORMATION
Villa No.19, Abdallah El-Kateb Street, Dokki, Giza
Sunday to Thursday
9 AM – 4:30 PM
Visa Application Hours:
9:30 AM – 11:30 PM
Visa Collection Hours:
3 PM – 4 PM
Tel: +(202) 3760-3553 | +(202) 3760-3554, |+(202) 3336-7005
Fax: +(202) 3760-5076 | +(202) 3760-0137
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org (for visa inquiries)
TOURIST VISA CHECKLIST*
- A completed visa application form.
- Original passport (valid for 6 months with at least one blank page) and copy thereof.
- A recent 4 cm x 6 cm photo with a white background.
- A bank statement for the three last months with at least 10,000 EGP per individual (or 30,000 EGP per family) issued one month prior to application (maximum).
- Round-trip ticket and hotel reservation.
- HR letter.
- If you're self-employed: business license indicating the applicant's name.
- If you're a student: proof of enrolment.
- If you're married: a marriage contract.
*All documents must be translated into English.
FEES AND DURATIONS
Single entry (60 days): 300 EGP
Validity: 3 months from date of issuance
If you are permanently exempt from the army, you don’t need a travel permit but need to ensure proof of exemption on your passport.
If you’re still within the legal age of conscription – even if you’ve completed your military service and are still part of the reserve forces – you’ll need to get a travel permit from the army.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it normally take for this visa to be issued?
A visa to Thailand usually takes two days to process.
Do I need a security clearance from the Tahrir Compound (tasree7 amny) to visit Thailand?
Yes, a security clearance from the Tahrir Compound is necessary for visiting Thailand. However, in some cases you might not need one. We recommend going to the Tahrir Compound to try to get one just in case.
Do I need a family registration document (qeid 3a2eli) to visit Thailand?
No, a family registration document isn't necessary for visiting Thailand.
Do I need a transit visa to enter Thailand?
If you are going to stay in the airport you do not need to get any visa, however, if you have a time and want to enjoy, you will need a transit visa.
What do I do if I’m a freelancer?
The main issue with not providing an HR letter is the fear that you might leave the country and never come back, so you need to somehow guarantee that you have sufficient reason to come back to Egypt. There are a couple of ways you can do that:
- You have proof that you’re working as a freelancer, meaning you can provide a bank statement showing regular monthly payments. That, or you can provide the contract/agreement between your freelance employer and yourself as proof (if applicable).
- You can provide a bank statement showing a significant amount of money –– meaning you have something to come back to, or likewise provide documents showing you have assets (lands, real estates, etc.) or anything that might help prove your intention of coming back.
- In some cases, you can apply as someone unemployed (with no proof of employment in your passport). Don't get your hopes up with this option, but it's a last-ditch effort that works with some embassies and not others.
What does the visa process look like for children?
Children must apply with their own separate passport. Children applying with their parent’s passport(s) will be rejected.
What happens if I break my visa?
Thailand enforces a 500 baht/day fine for overstaying a visa up to a maximum fine of 20,000 baht, although it is often waived if you only overstay a single day. On your way out, they stamp your passport with an 'overstay' stamp to record the fact that you overstayed. This won't stop you from entering the country in the future, but if you're found to overstay a second time you can expect additional action to be taken.
The fine applies if you are 'caught' at the airport when departing the country; however, if you're caught elsewhere in Thailand, you can expect to be jailed for at least a day or two before being deported.
Do I need certain vaccinations before going to Thailand?
There are no mandatory vaccinations for Thailand. However, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccinations as a precaution. Either way, it's best to follow general hygiene rules – washing your hands before you eat, eating fresh food, drinking bottled water, and so on.
How do I travel to Thailand with a pet?
If you’ll be accompanied by a pet on your adventure, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Pet passport
- Certification from a licensed veterinarian
- A microchip
- Rabies vaccinations
- Electronic chip (under skin) documented in pet passport
If you have any additional information on the visa process for Thailand, let us know. We’re always updating our guides to make sure the information is as detailed and up-to-date as possible.
Already been to Thailand? We’d love to share your story!