share this article

The USA is a dream destination for many, yet its visa process is among the most difficult in the world and people are quite often met with rejection. And although the Emirati passport is the strongest in the world with visa-free access to 167 nations, Emiratis still need a visa to enter into the USA. but rest assured, with some careful planning and preparation, you'll USA to the list of countries you can easily visit.


Airport Road at Rabdan (29th) Street، Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4, Abu Dhabi

Working Hours
Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

+ 971-2 414 2200

Fax commercial+971 2 610 1585
Fax corporate services+971 2 610 1586


Corner of Al Seef Rd. and Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Rd,

Working Hours
Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM


Fax commercial+971 2 610 1585
Fax corporate services+971 2 610 1586


  • Determine the type of Visa required to travel to the United States. Tourist visa is called B2.
  • Complete the online visa application form, DS-160. Each applicant must complete this form before using any services on this website.
  • Return to this website and complete the following application steps to schedule a Consular Section appointment:
    • Create a user account
    • Enter the DS-160 confirmation number for each applicant applying for a Visa
    • Complete the courier document return process
    • Pay the Non-immigrant Visa (MRV) application fee(s)
    • Schedule a Consular Section appointment
  • Attend the Consular Section appointment.
  • After your interview, please follow specific instructions provided by the consular section or check the website for visa status and delivery information.

You should have the following documents available while you complete your DS-160 and during the interview:

  • Passport
  • Travel itinerary, if you have already made travel arrangements.
  • Dates of your last five visits or trips to the United States, if you have previously travelled to the United States. You may also be asked for your international travel history for the past five years. 
  • Résumé or Curriculum Vitae - You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history. 
  • Two (5 cm x 5 cm) photosy with special requirements

While the following documents are not mandatory, you should bring them to your interview (preferably as originals, not copies) as they are one of the many factors a consular officer will consider in your interview.

  • Proof of all your income and tax payments, as well as property or business ownership, or any assets.
  • An HR letter indicating your title, salary, how long you've been working at the company
  • Bank statement showing your account status for the last six months.
  • Proof of Iranian military service or military exemption card
  • If you were previously in the United States, any documents attesting to your immigration or visa status.
  • Copy of US visa of anyone with whom you will be traveling
  • Accompanying family members, unless entering the United States for another purpose, should present a marriage certificate (spouse) and/or birth certificate (for unmarried children under 21), as applicable


The tourist visa fees are $160.


How long does it take for this visa to be issued?
We highly recommend that applicants start the application process about three months in advance of their intended travel date since appointments are usually full 2-3 months in advance, and the application processing could take from 90-120 days in some cases.

Do I need a bank statement for this visa?
Yes, it's preferred to have one while applying.

Do I need a need a transit visa?
Yes. If you plan on transiting in the USA, you're going to need a transit visa.

What does the visa process look like for children?
Children also require visas for entry into the US, regardless of their age; however, children under 14 years of age are not required to attend the interview process. 

What do I do if I’m a freelancer?
The main issue with not providing an HR letter is the fear that you might leave the country and never come back, so you need to somehow guarantee that you have sufficient reason to come back to the UAE. There are a couple of ways you can do that:

  • You have proof that you’re working as a freelancer, meaning you can provide a bank statement showing regular monthly payments. That, or you can provide the contract/agreement between your freelance employer and yourself as proof (if applicable).
  • You can provide a bank statement showing a significant amount of money –– meaning you have something to come back to, or likewise provide documents showing you have assets (lands, real estates, etc.) or anything that might help prove your intention of coming back.
  • In some cases, you can apply as someone unemployed (with no proof of employment in your passport). Don't get your hopes up with this option, but it's a last-ditch effort that works with some embassies and not others.

What happens if I break my visa?
Those who overstay and remain in the U.S. more than 180 days but less than 1 year may be barred from the U.S. for 3 years.

Those who overstay and remain in the U.S. 1 year or more may be barred from the U.S. for 10 years.

Do I need certain vaccinations before going to the USA?
No, you don't.

How do I travel to the USA with a pet?